One Exciting Memorial Day Weekend
Well hello summer and long weekend! I want to kick things off with a shout out to all of our military... THANK YOU for serving & HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
This season we’ve talked about conquering fear. And so I thought it would be fun to give you all a little challenge. This will get you out of your comfort zone and encourage you to break through your fears! Below I’ve compiled a list of 5 exhilarating things to do this Memorial Day Weekend. You don’t have to try all of them of course, but think of how empowered you’d feel if you do! I say you pick the one that makes you the most scared and go for it.
1. Skydeck Chicago- Afraid of heights? You HAVE to try this out! Right in Downtown Chicago at the Willis Tower you have the ability to step out on a glass panel that’s 1,353 ft above the ground. When you visit the Skydeck you will be able to step outside the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere. If that’s not facing your fear head-on I don’t know what is!
2. Preform your own slam poetry. Does public speaking scare you more than death itself? I have just the cure for you! Try out your own slam poetry up in front of a crowd at The Green Mill. On top of some incredible live jazz, there is a fun little contest for new comers and veterans alike. Try your hand at some slam poetry and you may even go home with a prize!
3. Chicago Flyboard- Have you ever thought about floating above water? Well with Flyboards you will have the opportunity to do just that. With a board strapped to your feet the water from Lake Michigan will be blasted through the bottom of the board at a speed so fast it causes you to float above water. Think jetpack with water. It’s a fun way to spend a day in the sun doing something you’ll never forget. You can make it a family day too by renting some Stand Up Paddle Boards or Canoes too!
4. Absolutely Chicago Segways- You’ve seen those strange contraptions that look like a scooter mixed with a pogo stick, now it’s time to try one! Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours will you show you this incredible city from standpoint you’ve never taken before. These tours are fun and easy to book. Try it out! You won’t be disappointed.
5. Trapeze School- Yes. You did read that right! Trapeze school! Try out flying through the sky for a day with nothing to hold on to but a trusted partner. Your childhood dreams of running away to a circus could finally come true. Not only will you conquer fear but you can learn to trust in not only other people but yourself! Give it a try!
Don’t forget to document your fearless feats by using the hashtag #fearlesswithwhitney! And make sure you tune in to the Whitney Reynolds show Sundays at 10:30 am and Mondays at 6:30 pm! Have a great holiday weekend! Xx